This little ship formed part of the fleet commanded by Christopher Columbus for his voyage of discovery in 1492. She was originally named "Santa Clara" but was nicknamed and became widely known as "Nina".
There are not many contemporary evidences on the two caravels, except for the few oblique references that can be found in a resume of Columbus Journal. Nevertheless two things are pretty sure: both ships belonged to the Pinzon family and at the very beginning both of them had lateen sails. Then during the first stop at the Canary Island the Pinta replaced its lateen sails with square sails. This operation, together with the substitution of the mast delayed the departure of four weeks. Columbus always referred to Niña and Pinta as the Caravels.
The Nina includes all wooden and metal accessories; laser cut wooden keel, frames and decks; sails and flags; wooden planking; masts and riggings; construction plans and instructions.
Hardwood base not included.